Wonderflaw Policy and Information Notice on the Protection and Processing of Personal Data
Your privacy and the protection of your personal data are importance to Wonderflaw. This Personal Data Protection and Processing Policy governs our rules on how we process and protect the personal data of yours, the employees of the companies we cooperate with, and third parties in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law no. 6698 (the “Law”).
1. The Purpose of the Policy
This Policy enables us (a) to process your personal data in accordance with the law and fairness principles, (b) to keep accurate personal data and update them when necessary, (c) to process personal data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes, (d) to process personal data in a way adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed, (e) to store personal data for the period set out in the law or the period required for the purpose for which the personal data are processed, (f) to provide you with information, (g) to establish the infrastructure needed to allow you to exercise your rights, (h) to take measures for the protection of personal data, (i) to act in accordance with the law and the regulations issued by the Personal Data Protection Authority when determining and realizing the purposes of processing personal data, and transferring such data to third parties, and (j) to set up special principles for processing and protection of special categories of personal data.
The main purpose of this Policy is to make statements on the personal data processing activities carried out by Wonderflaw in compliance with the law and on the systems used for the protection of personal data, and to ensure transparency by informing you about it.
2. Personal Data Collection Methods and Legal Grounds
Wonderflaw collects personal data from audio, visual, electronic and hard copy data transmitted through websites notably www.wonderflaw.com, mobile applications, social media accounts, interactions in physical environments, cookies, fax messages, mails, CCTV, and other means of communication, including the notifications served by judiciary and administrative authorities, in accordance with the personal data processing conditions stipulated in the Law.
Depending on the nature of your relationship with Wonderflaw, your personal data may be processed for different legal reasons. In accordance with Article 10 of the Personal Data Protection Law, Wonderflaw provides the personal data owners with information about personal data processing methods during the acquisition of personal data.
3. Personal Data Processed by Us
Wonderflaw collects (a) identity (name and surname) and (b) communication details (e-mail address) of the users if they are registered in the e-mail list.
4. Purposes of Processing Your Personal Data
Your personal data may be processed for the following purposes in accordance with the following subparagraphs of Article 5 of the Law “c) It is necessary to process the personal data of the parties to a contract, provided that it is directly related to the establishment or performance of the contract, (ç) It is mandatory for the data controller to fulfil its legal obligation, (d) The person concerned has been made public by himself and (e) Data processing is mandatory for recognising, exercising or protecting a right”:
- Providing Wonderflaw Services in accordance with the User Agreement.
- Creating user records, managing and analysing the Accounts, evaluating and using the analysis results,
- Carrying out the internal operations and managing human resources and personnel procedures of Wonderflaw,
- Planning and carrying out commercial activities,
- Planning, auditing and performing data security processes,
- Event management,
- Carrying out marketing and advertising activities,
- Fulfilling the obligations towards Employees and Third Parties as imposed by laws,
- Following finance and accounting works,
- Planning and performing corporate communication activities,
- Planning and performing logistics activities,
- Ensuring the security of Data Controller operations,
- Following legal processes,
- Maintaining the data that must be kept in accordance with the law, copying and backing up the data to prevent its loss, checking the consistency of information, taking the necessary technical and administrative measures for the security of our databases and information,
- Planning and performing audit activities,
- Planning and performing the operations of Wonderflaw in accordance with the relevant law,
- Management of data and process security processes,
- Following contractual processes and legal claims,
- Following demands/complaints,
- Carrying out communication activities and sending commercial electronic messages,
- Conclusion of User Agreements
- Activation of accounts and carrying out membership procedures,
- Planning and performing processes to build and increase loyalty to the Services of Wonderflaw
5. Parties to whom the Data may be Transferred and Purpose of Transfer
Wonderflaw will process your personal data according to the “need-to-know principle” in order to carry out its data processing activities for the foregoing purposes, and to do so, it will ensure data minimization to the extent that may be necessary, take relevant technical and administrative security measures, and it will share your personal data with natural persons inside or outside Wonderflaw, private law legal entities, business partners (Third Parties according to the User Agreement), suppliers, authorized public institutions according to the rules set out in the Law.
6. Protection of Personal Data
In accordance with Article 12 of the law, Wonderflaw takes necessary technical and administrative measures to prevent any unlawful processing of the personal data it processes or any unauthorised access to any personal data and to ensure the preservation of personal data. Further, it conducts necessary inspections, directly or through third parties, for this purpose, and it takes necessary technical and administrative measures to ensure that personal data is processed and protected in accordance with the law to the extent the technological means available and implementation costs allow.
7. Rights and Claims
According to the Article 11 of the Law, you, as the data subject, are entitled to:
a) learn whether your personal data are processed,
b) request information if your personal data have been processed,
c) learn the purpose of processing and whether the data are used in accordance with that purpose,
d) learn the recipients to whom your personal data have been disclosed at home or abroad,
e) request the correction of any inaccurately or incompletely processed personal data,
f) request the erasure or destruction of your personal data in accordance with the provisions of Article 7 of the Personal Data Protection Law,
g) request notification of the procedures made as per the items (d) and (e) to third parties to whom personal data have been transferred,
h) object to any result obtained against you due to the analysis of the processed personal data exclusively by automatic systems; and
i) claim compensation for any damage you suffer as a result of any unlawful processing of your personal data.
You can send your requests to exercise your rights above to [email protected] by e-mail or in writing to Fulya Mah. Hakkı Yeten Cad. No:15 D:21. Upon the receipt of your request, Wonderflaw will verify your identity and return you within the period set out in the Law.
By making an application as described above, data subjects can claim all the rights set out in the Law, including but not limited to getting information about processing procedures, purposes of processing and recipients of any transfer of their personal data.
Wonderflaw reserves the right to amend this Policy at any time without notice. Any such amendment will take effect as soon as it is published in www.wonderflaw.com.